We invite you to discover the real Mildura. A vast palette that stretches across the landscape – lush green farmland, shimmering salt pans, raw desert plains, towering bush land and the majestic Murray River. Mildura, with its many historical references to the life and times of our early settlers, also incorporates a widely recognized calendar of events and festivals to be enjoyed by all. Discover what there is to see and do while visiting our magnificent region!
Time is the greatest feature of a Mildura holiday – consume leisurely, rest luxuriously, participate unhurriedly and discover gradually.
Be sure to book early so you don’t miss out…
Current and upcoming events
What, where and when?
There is a very festive feel to the events in our region over the next few weeks. From shopping to singing it’s all about Christmas…
- Combined Boutique and Sunraysia Farmers Market – get some of your Christmas shopping done early. Beautiful gifts, arts, crafts and plants along with all the usual fresh and delicious offerings. 8:00am – 12:00pm Jaycee Park (December 1).
- Red Cliffs Market – this is the last market for the year and it’s going to be big – so big that even the man in the fluffy red suit will be dropping by. Send your guests down for fresh produce, gifts, entertainment and lots of Christmas cheer. 9:00am – 1:00pm Barclay Square (December 2).
- Irymple Carols in the Park – a family friendly event featuring local musicians and singers, showcasing the Christmas classics. It is a free event, so guests just need to pack a picnic, bring some chairs or blankets and settle in for a not-so-silent night. 5:30pm (Santa will rock the Park at 7pm). Sausage sizzle, drinks and ice cream available for people without picnics…Henshilwood Park, Karadoc Ave (December 2).
- Merbein Rotary Community Carols – anyone would think it was Christmas – guests can sing along to the carols, purchase food and drink and generally have a great night under the stars. Alcohol free event. BYO chairs/rugs. 6:30pm (Santa makes an appearance at 9pm) Kenny Park Merbein (7 December).
- Live on the Green – the Mildura Golf Resort presents Glenn Martin in a ‘live on the green’ event. Music, entertainment for the kids, food and drink. What could be better on a Friday evening? A great way for guests to enjoy our starry, starry nights. 7:00pm Mildura Golf Resort 12th St (7 December).
- Ouyen Carols by Glow-light – this is Christmas Carols with a difference – held in the art-deco Roxy Theatre, guests are given ‘glow-lights’ on arrival and the effect is both quirky and festive. The Roxy Theatre, Oke St Ouyen 7:00pm (9 December).
- Mildura Carols by Candlelight – this is what Nowingi Place was made for – a great community event that showcases our musical talent while bringing people together by the river, in a mood of celebration. Even Santa doesn’t miss it. Nowingi Place. 7:30pm (9 December).
- Deadly Choices Roadshow – a community event hosted by Mallee District Aboriginal Services, it celebrates our local Indigenous culture through arts, craft, music and dance. The day includes activities for the whole family, along with the obligatory face painting and jumping castle. Santa is rumoured to be making an appearance. 10:00am – 9:00pm Nowingi Place (14 December).
- Mildura City Market – guests can explore Mildura City and the market in Langtree Mall. Breakfast and shopping – #winwin 8:00 – 1:00pm (2 December).
10. Carols in Barclay – want more carols by candlelight, I hear you say… Ok – head to Red Cliffs for a program that includes solos by local artists, dance and choral performances. This is a true community event that brings school groups and bands together with the seasoned pros. 8:15 – 10:15 Barclay Square Red Cliffs (14 December).
To view Mildura Rural City Council Calendar of Events, click here.
2 Irymple Carols
7 Merbein Carols
TBC Murrayville Carols
7 Mildura Carols by Candlelight
TBC Nangiloc/Colignan Carols
14 Red Cliffs Carols
TBC Ouyen Carols
27-30 Willowfest Australian Cricket Club Championships*
29 Phil Crump International Solo Speedway Championships
31 New Years Eve Celebrations*
For Arts Centre events click here